Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I almost did it today. I ALMOST killed a spider. I was almost brave.

Someone at work yelled "Spider!" in the lunchroom. I stood up, all courageous like, and strutted my stuff over to the scene of the invasion. I'm a big girl. I'm tough. I'm on various anxiety meds. Why can't I save my coworkers from the scary little demon bug?

Because it was HUGE. That's why. Big as my friggin' hand. I swear to Folgers. All hairy and buggy eyed and giving me that go-ahead-and-stomp-your-big-fat-foot-on-me-I've-got-plenty-of-friends-and-they-all-have-your-address look.

I'll kill the next one. Maybe.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate spiders. They are evil. Any that are stupid enough to come in my house must be destroyed, but not by me. I will not touch them. Spider destruction and removal are the jobs of my husband and my four year old. Who needs to be brave?

November 29, 2007 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Well, I am comforted to know that there are others out there who are afraid of those hairy little monsters, just like I am! ;) And by the way, there is NO end to the amount of teasing that I get because I can't kill one.
BTW...it's mighty nice to see you posting again Tara!

November 30, 2007 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

You have me laughing. I love your wit. I am sure the spider loves you too!

October 18, 2008 at 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Dua Frey said...

Good reading youur post

November 9, 2021 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home