Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I've been working. And working. And workings some more.But, yes. I have been on Facebook a lot, too. I can't help it. It's very addictive. And not in a good way, like a yarn addiction. It's a little bit disturbing, as well.

I'm finding all kinds of friends and aquaintances that I never really thought to hear from again. Some I'm happy to see. Some I'm leary of. Some are surprising. Almost all of them make me feel old. And, in one case, a friend I have tried to look up in the past won't be found because I just found out that he died about eight years ago. And I didn't even know.

I've always told people that if I don't keep in touch, it's not them, it's me. I'm horrible at it. But, that's about to stop. I don't want to find out in another 8 years that someone else that I cared about is gone and I didn't do all I could to keep in contact.

Overall, though, Facebook is a riot. I won't be stopping. If anyone else has a facebook account and wanted to try finding me, it wouldn't be that hard. Wink wink.

If you don't already have an account, though, just a word of warning. You may have nothing but great times finding people and catching up. Or, your facebook experience may sound something like this:

YOU: Hi Facebook, what's up? What? What's this? You have something for me. How nice. What is it? It's odd looking. Like a cylinder of some sort. Made of metal. Huh. Interesting. A can. Thanks, I guess. What? You want me to OPEN it? Oh, OK. Sure. Do you know where I could get a can opener? Oh, you have one. How handy. Great. Hang on, let me just open this here can.....hang on....almost have it.....AHHHH! WORMS!! What the hell!? Facebook, you gave me a can of worms! And I opened it! WHY, FACEBOOK, WHY?


Just a warning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found that idiot "instructor" who's teaching my database management class on Facebook. He apparently felt it was more important to go to a party in Columbus a couple of weeks ago instead of staying home and grading assignments so I'd have half an idea what kind of grade I'm getting. Facebook *is* fun, but some people should lay low... ;)

April 25, 2007 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Gah!! How do I find you? I"ve got an account but I'm a facebook 'tard.

April 25, 2007 at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home