Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Better Late Than Never Survivor Rant

Let's just forget that I have been gone for a while. OK? Let's. It's going to be more normal, now. I am home during the days, again. Days when I can sit and enjoy a coffee at the computer, again.

There will also be more crocheting. The book is doing well, and I have been asked to do at least one more small project. I will also be submitting other ideas to the publisher. I'll show y'all anything that gets rejected.

I also want to thank all of you who have purchased a Save Spook mini-pin (see the sidebar). It's not a fortune, but it helps a bit. So, ya. Thanks. Anyone want the cat, too?

And, while I have some other thoughts, ideas, musings, rants, raves, and all around observations, I DID promise y'all a Survivor rant. So, here it is.

IT'S BEEN SO DAMN BORING WATCHING THAT SHOW!!!!!

What the hell?! I know. I get the whole rich get richer, poor get poorer theme. But, PLEASE. Let's move on with the game. Why does it have to be a life lesson? It's just a reality TV show. We're not watching it for the betterment of our minds and souls. We're watching it to see normal (I use that term somewhat loosely) people roll around in the mud and fall into the water and sleep on piles of rocks and eat random living things pulled from the ocean and fall off of logs that they stood on for a bajillion hours. THAT's what we want, Jeff!!!! Get on with it!

The commercials are showing a big shakeup for tonight. Whatever. I'll watch it. I may even like it. But, so far, it seems very engineered to me. Yes, I know. ALL reality shows are engineered. I'm not so dense that I don't think that. I just like when they hide it really, really well.

All that being said, I would TOTALLY have been the first one voted off if my talking to much was a problem for people like Rocky. I wouldn't have even made it off the boat. Why would YOU be voted off first?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm much too crabby. I would get voted off before an old lady with a walker and a guy who tells leacherous jokes. I need electricity, air conditioning and running water. Camping is one big mystery to me. And I agree, it's time to spice up the show.

March 21, 2007 at 5:45 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I most likely would be voted off for being crabby, too. After 1 day without my caffeine I wouldn't be in the sunniest of moods. =) And two days without???? I shudder at the thought.

March 21, 2007 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger noricum said...

Hmmm... I'd get voted off both because I'm too nice and can't lie worth a darn, and also because I'm annoyingly good at stuff. Of course, those second types they like to keep around until just before the end, so that they can provide for the camp, but get eliminated just before things go individual.

March 21, 2007 at 8:32 PM  
Blogger Stephknits3 said...

I know I would not survivie for very long because I'm sure I would open my big mouth and say my opinion. Sometimes I speak before I think (especially about things that bother me or are a problem) and it gets me into trouble. If I made it past a couple of days, I would get voted off because of the eating contest. NO WAY could I even come close to eating the gross stuff...

March 22, 2007 at 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home