Monday, February 12, 2007

The Hair: Head Covering or Comedy Act?

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for loving the Hair. I still love it, too. You know how sometimes, after a haircut, you feel like you can't get used to it? Ya. That didn't happen. At all. It's a very good relationship we have, me and The Hair.

However, I feel as though The Hair has played a bit of a funny on me. Ha ha.

You see, I grew up looking like Sara Gilbert. You know her as 'Darlene' from Rosanne. This wasn't just a slight resemblance. EVERYONE told me that. My family even called me Darlene. Strangers would cross the street to tell me I looked just like her. One time, at Universal Studios (and only days after an as yet un-relaxed perm) I was mobbed by a bunch of tourists that thought I WAS her. I hid under a bench. I'm serious. My dad has the home video somewhere.



It didn't help that we are close to the same age.

I did NOT encourage this. I like Sara Gilbert. She's an OK actress to watch on the odd sitcom. But, she's not exactly stalker material, is she? She's no Jennifer Anniston, after all.

Through the years it died off a little. Mostly after Rosanne went off the air. Then people thought I looked a little more like Drew Berrymore, for some reason. I like that better. She IS an Angel, you know.

I also hear fairly often that I look JUST like some guy's ex-girlfriend. I don't know what the hell that's about. It's only slightly more disturbing, though, than the few times I've been told I sound Irish, considering I've never been there.

But, I digress....

So, I have avoided 'Darlene' haircuts for years. And, perhaps, that is why it has taken me so long to find a nice home for The Hair. But, I let my guard down. I wasn't paying attention. I slacked off in the I-Don't-WANT-to-Be-a-Celebrity-Lookalike department. Even after all those times when my darling husband would see Ms. Gilbert doing her famous bitch routine on some show like ER, and he would say, every time, 'Look, Dear. It's you.' Hardy, har har.

So now there is a new show on TV. It's called the Class. It's hilarious. I love it. And, Sara Gilbert is on it occasionally. She plays Fern, the bitchy and scary scorned wife of another character. She's funny, too. I would have to say, one of my favorite rolls for her.

But, I wasn't paying attention. And The Hair was begging for a new look. And I got Fern's haircut. Dammit.

Which one is me? Oooooooh.


Yesterday, my dad sent me an email addressed to Darlene.

Very funny, Hair. Very funny. You're just lucky I love you so darn much.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! you so do look like Darlene~! LOL

February 12, 2007 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Sara Gilbert's long lost twin!!!!!

February 12, 2007 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Don't feel bad. The only famous person I've ever been told I look like is Christina Ricci. Which is patently untrue... and insulting to boot!
And the hair does look great :)

February 12, 2007 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

That is so funny!
I'm watching The Class right now- I love that show!
The hair looks great!

February 12, 2007 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Wow! You really do look like her.
Someone told me once I look like Mary Tyler Moore. I don't see it.

February 13, 2007 at 5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only person I ever really looked like (in high school) became a nun.

Cas
the hair is great.

February 13, 2007 at 6:57 AM  
Blogger Bron said...

don't hit me but I think you kinda do look like her - but I think she's way hotter than ennifer Anistin anyway!
Celebrity lookalikes is funy - people i don't even know tell me I look like Katherine Heigl
- Izzie from Grey's Anatomy - I'm like oooh she was an underwear model - hell yeah I look just like her hehe!!!
BTW, the hair is hot, darlene or not! =)

February 14, 2007 at 4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...you totally look like her! That's amazing! She's Melissa Gilbert's sister. You know..."Half Pint" from Little House on the Prairie. One of my favourite shows. And, Sara Gilbert played Paula on Season 2 of "24".

Hey Tara...don't forget...The Amazing Race All Star show starts on Sunday night! I've got the teams on my blog (with their old pictures and new pictures). They totally omitted people from the family edition. They're trying to forget that one, I think!

February 17, 2007 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

I never noticed it before, Tara, but now that you point it out--you sure do look like Sara Gilbert. I've always thought she was hot in a very dark twisted way. She's great in the new comedy The Class though she's only been in a handful of episodes.

Have you ever thought of cashing in on this resemblance by being a celebrity impersonator for the occasional party or commercial? I hear they make pretty good money even for lesser celebs and Gilbert would probably rate mid-tier.

February 24, 2007 at 1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

slight resemblance but you are prettier than darlene
but you and my mom could be sisters,lol
she was model back in the day
when she was young like you are now
I like your hair
but the important thing is that "you" like it!

October 31, 2010 at 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home