Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Random Updates

I know y'all can't live without hearing about my days. I know. It's been a little bit busy here. What with my expensive cat and my Ten Day Turnaround list and extra hours at work and all. But, I am here to update you. It's OK. You can stop crying now.

Random Update Number One:
I have now watched all of the Season One episodes of Charlie's Angels on DVD. I miss the angels. I need more angels. Even though I know that Jill leaves in Season Two, I still want to watch it, anyway. Can I find it in this town, though? No. Am I too cheap to pay for shipping if I buy it online? Yes. Yes, I am. I may have to settle with Seasons One and Two of Murder She Wrote. I LOVE that scary old lady.

Random Update Number Two:
My sister got botox done. How cool is that?! I'm ever so jealous. She got it done in December, but neglected to tell me about it until now. Apparently she did not receive a ton of support. I think it's AWESOME. She should have called me first. I would LOVE to get it done. I have crazy wrinkles between my eyes that come from my smoking days. I always used to squint my left eye when I smoked. It made a Grand Canyon sized wrinkle that makes me look like I am angry and scowling at people. I would TOTALLY get needles in my face to stop that. It was a little pricey. Too much for me. But, that was a few provinces away that she got hers. I'm going to shop around here and see what the prices are. I was telling my husband about it. It was so cute the way he was trying to tell me that it wouldn't bother him if I spent the money on something like that, without sounding like he was saying that I NEEDED something like that.

Random Update Number Three:
Has anyone seen the movie Vanity Fair? I borrowed it from the library a few days ago. I'll be honest. I have never read the book. But, I like Reese Witherspoon. I thought it might be interesting. I gotta tell y'all.....it was a little confusing. Things kept happening off camera. Things that were pretty relevant to the plot, I thought. And then they would just be mentioned in a conversation a few scenes away. It felt like I was watching that episode of Futurama with the Harlem Globetrotters. You know, the one where they keep jumping forward in time. It was weird. I still liked Reese. She's very talented. I think I need to go borrow the book.

Random Update Number Four:
The cat is fine. He's feeling much better. And a lot lighter. He's also slightly stoned on his medication, so it's pretty funny to watch him try and jump off a chair. When I was visiting him at the vet, I looked him right in the eye and explained to him that he owes me. He gave me a look back that I'm pretty sure meant "Thanks, Mom. I'll pull you out of a burning building someday. Maybe."

Random Update Number Five:
My Ten Day Turnaround list is going AWESOME. I have never been so excited about getting my house clean. It's amazing what only forty things from my list has accomplished. And, it's not too stressful. There was a point, the other day when I spent most of the day at the vet and crying about money, that I didn't get a lot done. But, I crossed a few more things off the list before bed and started fresh the next day. There are still a few big jobs on the list. Like organizing my office. But, I'm not too worried. It's all broken up shelf by shelf. It will get done.
ALSO.....I lost my work locker key. It fell out of my jeans pocket. I figured it on the floor in my room somewhere, so I didn't really worry about. I was working on my list and I did number 44, vacuum the furniture. Guess what I found under the couch cushion? No, really. Come on. Guess. Who said ping pong balls? No, dummy, it was my KEY. I NEVER would have thought to look there. I would have torn my room apart looking for it. This list is AMAZING.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

Thanks for putting a link to my blog on your blog. Weeee! :o) And I still have yet to try the 100 item list. Maybe my first to-do should be - MAKE LIST.

January 24, 2007 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I got Botoxed a couple of years ago free for a work thing. It was awesome! If I had a spare $500 to carry around in my forehead I'd definitely do it again!

January 24, 2007 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger MicheleStitches said...

About Vanity Fair. I have read it and I can recommend the A&E mini-series version of it. (You can find it on Amazon) It was pretty true to the book and not at all confusing as to what was happening. But really the book is best. As for the version you saw, I can not really comment because I only saw the trailer. However, there were scenes in the trailer that made me think, "Huh? That wasn't in the book!" So I think they may have changed a few things. But hey, how in the world do you take a book 4 inches thick and condense it to less than 2 hours without being a bit confusing?

January 25, 2007 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger MicheleStitches said...

Oh, and about that botox thing...just think of your lines as character. You worked hard for them. You earned them! ;-D

January 25, 2007 at 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought it would be very dangerous to be Jessica Fletcher's friend. People drop like flies around her.

January 25, 2007 at 4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw damn, and I instantly thought ping pong balls were under that couch. Glad you found your key though :o) And glad to hear Spook is on the mend. I'm also for botox or any other thing out there that makes us women feel better about ourselves.

January 26, 2007 at 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home