Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Rant #1

I just spent a ridiculous amount of time in the Tim Horton's drive thru. I was stuck. Wedged in between other cars. People could walk inside and get their orders and be gone before I moved one car length. Couples could have met, fallen in love and gotten married in the time I was in the line-up. I was there so long, a small child could have grown-up, gone to college, worked at Timmies part-time to pay for school, graduated, met the man of her dreams, gotten married, had a kid of her own who then grows up and works in the same damn drive-thru.

And, was my coffee satisfying? No. Becuase I never got the coffee. Because as soon as I was about 3 cars away from the speaker, the power went out. They shut everything down. "Sorry, cars. Go home now. We know you've been waiting long enough for entire generations to die off and be reborn again, but we have no power. Sorry."

Is this Monday? Did somebody switch the days around again?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How frustrating!

Cas
better luck next time.

January 17, 2007 at 6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh jeez-- I know just what you mean... ever see the commercial for the guy waiting to get his check approved at the pet store and by the time it's approved the rabbits have reproduced so many times there are about 100 of them!! lol!! I can't stand it.

Love your new blog by the way. Thanks for giving me lots of chuckles to get through the day!!

I moved too...over to wordpress -- twice in fact (long story)-- it's now CHEZ CLUTTER http://chezclutter.wordpress.com

January 17, 2007 at 7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a lovely place. I will be sure to return again and again even though I know nothing about yarn, crocheting or knitting.

:)

January 17, 2007 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger Nichole D. said...

Love the blog! Sorry that Timmie's caused you so much pain and agony today.

January 17, 2007 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

How's that saying go....If everyday is a gift...were do I return TODAY!!! What you need to do is carry around chocolate covered coffee beans (soooo good) that way you can get your fix till you get the real stuff...I know where you're coming from, girlfriend!

January 17, 2007 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger StarKnits said...

INSERT EVIL LAUGH MMMWAHAHA it was me i changed the days. tomorrow will resume as normal but beware Friday will be more like a wednesday. LOL ok i've cracked i know.

if only they made coffee dispensers in cars. who needs the drive through?
i hear the last comment's chocolate covered coffee beans.. that's a great idea. love those things!

thanks for stopping by my blog and wishing me birthday goodness!

January 17, 2007 at 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience while at the In-N-Out Burger drive thru, although they didn't close but that was no "in and out" experience, I tell ya. They could've changed the name to In-N-Wait for it-Burger. Sheesh!

BTW, nice blog.

January 17, 2007 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

That was a royal hose-job.
I was a Tim Bitch for nearly two years in my younger days.
When I quit, I dropped 15 lbs in about 6 weeks without even trying.

January 17, 2007 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Yes, Lucy is right. Choc covered coffee beans are delish!! Yum!

January 17, 2007 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Oh my...that would have ruined my entire day. Hope it didn't ruin yours.

January 17, 2007 at 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home