Monday, February 5, 2007

WWJMD?

No. No, I have NOT completed the Ten Day Turnaround. I have not even started it. I know. I KNOW. I said I would. A week ago. I KNOW. It got busy around here. Lots of work. No time. And, yes, I know that the whole point of the Ten Day Turnaround is to help people, like me, to find the time to get the house organized and in a position to keep it relatively clean. Relative to a crack house, anyway. So, really, the fact that I have not even started the Ten Day Turnaround yet is proof that I am the very person who NEEDS it.

I've been trying to think up a way to motivate myself. Some way to get moving. Inspiration. Yes, a clean house would be nice. That's not the point. I need some way to make it just a bit more FUN.

I considered putting all one hundred cleaning items on individual papers and pulling each one randomly out of a bowl. But, then I realized how long it would take to write them all down. Scratch that.

I also thought that it might be fun to time myself. Each task would have a twenty minute time limit, or something like that. But, that stressed me out. Because ten items for twenty minutes each would be more than 3 hours. Right? Did I do the math right? Whatever. It's still a stressful amount of time.

It even crossed my mind to dress up like a crazy old cleaning lady, complete with warts on my nose. I could walk around the house mumbling and cursing about the dirty slobs I work for. But, that would involve shopping for a costume. I'm far too cheap for that. Although, I may keep my eyes open at yard sales this summer.

So, as I was discussing Charlie's Angels with a co-worker this week (because what ELSE would I talk about?), I thought of something. I just need to ask myself WWJMD? What would Jill Munroe do?

She'd get her hair done. Duh. Hair like that doesn't just HAPPEN. So am I. Getting my hair done. On Thursday. I'm getting a Farrah Fawcett haircut. I'm SO excited. I haven't had layered hair that I can feather since.....well, since it was in style a few decades ago. It looked really bad on an eight year old, though. It will look AWESOME now.


Jill Munroe would also call her Angels, of course. So, that's what I am doing now. Calling all my angels.

The original plan was to do the list on my own. I told the rest of the family not to worry about it. I would handle it. Why? I don't know. Temporary insanity. I'm far too busy to do a list like that on my own. Not when the monsters walk behind me dropping cereal and dog hair and dirty clothes onto any surface I clean.

So, I've called in MY angels. My kids, husband, pets. Whoever.

It's all about delegating, peeps. Delegating.
I'll keep you updated. I promise. I work a lot less this week.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

You can do it!
You can do it!
Rah Rah Rah!!!

That's my best cheerleader impression for ya! Hope it helps!! LOL

February 5, 2007 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger aj said...

Honey, I don't care what your house looks like.

I want to see the HAIR!!!

February 5, 2007 at 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!! I LOVE the picture!! Yes, yes, can't wait to see the hair!

February 5, 2007 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger noricum said...

You'd hate me today: I asked an employee at Dollarama if all the flowers were $1. I think it's because there are some of those (like A Buck Or Two) that charge different prices for things. Or sometimes things are, say, five for $1.

February 5, 2007 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Delegating. Now THAT's the answer!

February 5, 2007 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Go Tara Go!!! {pretty cool to have your very own cheerleaders, no?}
I think it's a good idea to involve the family...I will once I stop procrastinating and make my list!!
Show us the hair, we WANT TO SEE!!!

February 6, 2007 at 3:07 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Tara, there is a lady I saw on a talk show that got all this plastic surgery and stuff to look just like Barbie (the doll)and believe it or not, there was a guy who had a sex change operation and plastic surgery to look like Barbie also...now this is a bit frighting if you ask me. My point is...are we looking at a "Tara makeover" in the future? Should we be saving our pennies to contribute to the "Tara wants to look like Jill Munroe plastic surgery fund"?

February 6, 2007 at 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe 10 a day is a bit ambitious. Looks better on paper than real life. Maybe you should just try one a day, and if you're still on a roll after one, do another one.

February 7, 2007 at 4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home