Friday, February 9, 2007

The Hair

I know you've all been such patient little troopers. It's time, though. The Hair is done. And the photo of The Hair is taken.

But, first, we must discuss The Hair. Why? Because it's my blog, that's why. Suck it up and read on.

The Hair has had a wild and crazy ride throughout it's life perched on top of my head. It has seen boy cuts, mushroom cuts, poodle perms, bad dye jobs, etc. It hasn't always been pretty. And, for the most part, I didn't care. I did not style The Hair myself. I was a rebel. I chose to ignore the big bangs of the eighties and opted for long, straight bangs hiding in my face. A decade later, when everyone wanted long, straight bangs hanging in their face, I got swirly, curly perms. In the end, I almost never liked The Hair.

However, that did not stop me from having an illogical attachment to The Hair. I had difficulties letting anyone cut The Hair. I could go months, even a year, without getting The Hair cut. And when I did, I felt like I was getting a limb cut off.

Why? Because I have issues. Keep up, people.

Also, just about the only time The Hair was styled (for school photos or flower girl gigs), my mom would curl The Hair with a curling iron. My mom wielding a hot metal stick was a scary thing indeed. In fact, I had more than one line of burnt skin across my forehead while growing up. Hence, perhaps, the need to curl The Bangs over the forehead. To hide the scars.

I'm sorry, Mom. You know it's true.



So, in summary, The Hair has had a tumultuous life. I feel, however, that The Hair has a resting point. A style that it strives to be. YEARNS to be. MUST BE. It's all very scientific. Really.

So, through absolutely no scientific process at all, I feel that The Hair has finally found it's destiny. With the help of my stylist, Leva. Who kept telling everyone that I was getting my hair cut like Farrah Foster. Whatever.

OK. Are you ready? For sure?

First, a sneaky surveillance photo of what The Hair looked like before:


OK, here it is. Get your hands ready for clapping......

I know. I know. The Hair is FABULOUS. It was slightly more fab last night, but the damn camera batteries needed more time to charge. It's still AWESOME, though. Not quite Jill Munroe, but close. Maybe a little bit of Sabrina and Kelly thrown into the mix. I will need a much better curling iron, too. For bigger curls. BIG.

You should probably stop drooling now. I know you love The Hair, but you don't want to electrocute yourself by dripping on your keyboard.

And, just as a special weekend treat for all my visitors to Taradise, a photo I found of myself when I was younger....as a detective.

Nancy Drew, watch your ass.

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hair looks great! And so do you.

Cas

February 9, 2007 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger Darla said...

Great hair! I will have to admit that a friend of mine had been mentioning the word "feathered" for months. Each time she said it around other friends she would be sent to talk to me, I'm embarrassed to say, as if I am an authoritative rule on hair! The word did send many tingles down my spine, but it is Her Hair. Now I wish I was more open minded .. your hair looks fabulous. Jill Munroe move over, there's a new angel in the north.

February 9, 2007 at 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hair! You look amazing and ready to kick serious butt. Now please excuse me while I flip through the yellow pages so I can find someone to do something with my mop. : )

February 9, 2007 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger noricum said...

Absolutely fabulous!

Gah! I hate it when the visual verification comes up as a little blue question mark! Twice so far...

Yay! Third try gives me something I can at least attempt to read. :)

February 9, 2007 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looking good!!

February 9, 2007 at 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great cut. Jaclyn Smith better watch out!

Okay I'm having trougle with the visual verification too!

February 9, 2007 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi Tara. You're most definitely having a great hair day. Which is a nice counterpoint to the whole hair horror thing we all seem to have gone through as children.

Dropped by from Michele's today. Nice to meet another Ontarian!

February 9, 2007 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger aj said...

OMG The Hair looks amazing.

SASSY LADY!

February 9, 2007 at 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad I'm not the only one with those bad 70's hair pictures from Childhood!
It looks lovely now though.
Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

February 9, 2007 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

Loved this post "The Hair"
So alive with such movement. Great really.
Happy Weekend-here by way of Michele, who says hello.
The Hair looks good on you

February 9, 2007 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I'll call it a "three angel doo"....AWESOME!!!!!

February 9, 2007 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Nichole D. said...

Oh. My. God. It is so Angels. you look fab!

February 9, 2007 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Red Rocket said...

Do love the hairdo. I see a massive hair roller collection in your future. What fun!

February 9, 2007 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Damn Jill er... Tara, your hair looks so sensational! What you need to go with it is a little book called Nancy Drew's Guide to Life by Jennifer Worick. My favorite advice? "Moxie and a good sense of balance are essential when crawling on a roof." - The Hidden Staircase

February 9, 2007 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Beautiful hair! I am weird about my hair too. There is only one person that I let cut it and she lives in a different state than me so whenever I go to see my parents I go to my favorite stylist and have her cut my hair.

February 9, 2007 at 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great color and awesome cut, it really suits you. My god there'll be no stoppin you now! :o)

February 9, 2007 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Oooh! Very nice! Very PI-ish, like it was grown to flip around while brandishing a handgun.

February 10, 2007 at 4:19 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Love the Hair!!!!

February 10, 2007 at 7:00 AM  
Blogger Bron said...

Tara. The. Hair. Is. H. O. T.
HOT!!!!!
congratulations =)

February 10, 2007 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Gorgeous!!! You totally look ready to be a PI! Jill Munroe would be SO jealous!!!

February 10, 2007 at 4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous hair! It's Kelly Garrett hair for sure. Personally, I always liked her better. Enjoy! It's super.

February 11, 2007 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

it looks FANTASTIC!!!
I'm in desperate need of a hair makeover myself, I just can't decide what I want to do.

February 11, 2007 at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home