Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Fab Blankie

Jackson Five? Yes? No? That's kind of the feel I was going for with the blankie I made for little Michael. I call it the Fab Blankie. Or maybe the Fablankie. Whatever. Here it is.


I don't know when I will actually be able to give it to the little guy, since he's 2 hours away in a Children's hospital, but I'm sure he knows it's here waiting for him.

I didn't write the pattern down as I went. To be honest, I was just trying to use up all that yarn. Do the colors seem familiar? A lot of them are leftover colors from the bagholders.

Fear not, my loyal minions. I have a nephew about to be born in about a month. He will need to be blankie fabulous, as well. I'll jot down the pattern for you then. I promise.

Now go back to work, or homework, or cleaning, or whatever it is you should be doing instead of playing on your computer.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

That is so cute. I love the pattern. And its great that little Michael and Mom is doing good. Your work is always so good.

February 27, 2007 at 6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I definitely want the pattern.

February 27, 2007 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

It's adorable, and best of all it used up some leftovers!
Now...do I HAVE to get back to work??? Just when I was having fun. ;)

February 27, 2007 at 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blanket. I think I have a similar pattern from my great aunt but she didn't have a written pattern either. Your completed version looks beautiful!

February 28, 2007 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Red Rocket said...

That's pretty great blanket. Paired with a baby-sized leisure suit with bell-bottoms and all, that would the most happenin' kid around! Really though, it's very chic. Nicely done.

Oh, congrats on being published! Your pattern looks great on the cover there!

February 28, 2007 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Very nice!
Now I'll get back to cursing my ex husband.

March 1, 2007 at 1:44 AM  
Blogger Bron said...

yay for the book!!!!!!!!!!

March 3, 2007 at 4:31 AM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Love the Fablankie! Those colors look great together.

March 4, 2007 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

I found you through Ewe Devil. I must say I LOVE the bag holders and this blankie! Any chance you have the pattern for the blankie written up yet?

April 14, 2007 at 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home